Oregano Essential Oil
The disinfectant and cleansing properties of oregano essential oil were first recognized in ancient Greece where they were often used for for skin conditions. Oregano was also used to protect food from bacteria and normally grows in the mountains, which is how it got the name “Oregano”, which means “Delight of the Mountains”.
The Essential Oil of Oregano is extracted through steam distillation of fresh oregano leaves, its chief components being Carvacrol, Thymol, Cymene, and Caryophyllene.
Oregano oil benefits
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Provides amazing immune-enhancing benefits
- Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Oregano contains thymol and carvacrol, which have been studied and found to have many benefits
Oregano Oil Usage
- Take one drop daily to boost immunity when seasonal threats are high.
- Rub Oregano essential oil and fractionated coconut o0il on the bottom of your feet to help boost your immune system.
- Put one drop in place of dried Oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface spray.
- Mix one to two drops with water and gargle to soothe an irritated throat.
- Dab a diluted drop on “ugly” skin blemishes to soothe and clear.
Oregano is an important ingredient in ImmuPower™ and a key oil in the Raindrop Technique®.