Lemon essential oil has THE MOST AMAZING scent that is refreshing and invigorating. It is best known for it’s ability to cleanse toxins from any part of the body and is widely used to stimulate lymph drainage, to rejuvenate energy, purify skin, and as a powerful immune booster. Young Living’s Lemon essential oil is one that you must always have in your wellness arsenal. It is cold pressed from the lemon rind so it is much easier on your teeth and stomach than regular lemon juice is. It takes 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilogram of this oil!
It contains 68% limonene, a powerful compound offering a variety of health benefits that can be extracted from the peels of citrus fruits. Look up limonene when you get a chance and you will be impressed with what it can do for the human body!
Lemon Oil Benefits
- Cleansing and purification
- Oral health and remedy for halitosis (bad breath)
- Powerfully detoxes the body when taken orally
- Thirst quencher
- Remedy for abdominal colic pain
- Supports the respiratory system
- Calms stomach and aids in digestion
- Nourishes the skin
- Promotes Feeling of Fullness when taken orally
- Uplifting to the body and mind
- Supports overall wellness
- Cleans sticky residue
- Can stimulate creativity & feelings of well-being
- Enhances the flavor of food and drink
Lemon Oil Usage
- Lemon essential oil’s primary usage is as a dietary supplement and taking it internally will help you get the best overall experience and health benefits that were listed above. DO NOT take any lemon internally that is not Young Living.
- Because lemon oil contains a high concentration of d-limonene, it will eat through petrochemicals such as Styrofoam and plastic, do not put them in any container that isn’t glass or stainless steel. When we use lemon oil internally, it has the same effect of detoxifying the petrochemicals that we take in everyday in our food, our lotions and cosmetics, and in our environment. It breaks down those chemicals that would normally be stored in our fat.
- When my immune system needs an extra boost, I’ll add 4-6 drops of lemon to a vegetable capsule and take that a couple of times a day until my immune system is stronger.
- For emotional support, I use lemon daily. Inhalation of essential oils is the best way for them to reach the emotional center of your brain and promote feelings of well-being.
- Add a couple of drops of lemon oil to some baking soda and coconut oil and rub over your tooth as a natural whitening agent.
- Put a few drops of lemon in your water several times a day to promote a feeling of fullness
- Add 2 drops of lemon to an all-natural face wash to purify the skin.
- Add 2 drops of lemon and 2 drops of lavender to water for a refreshing lavender lemondade.
- Combine several drops with water in a spray bottle to clean surfaces.
- Add a few drops as a stain remover in laundry
- Add to baking soda and water and use as a scrub.
- Add a drop or two to a marinade for chicken or fish
- If you’re new to lemon, start by drinking a couple drops in your glass of water, or by adding a couple drops to your Ningxia Red, water, or tea in the morning. The benefits you will soon experience will rock your world.
Lemon essential oil is found in many wonderful blends and products including Awaken Essential Oil, Clarity Essential Oil, Digest & Cleanse Supplement, Inner Defense Essential Oil, Lavender Foaming Hand Soap, Mineral Essence, Ningxia Red, Thieves Essential Oil, Thieves Lozenges, and Thieves Spray.
PRECAUTION— Lemon, like other citrus essential oils, is photosensitive, meaning it will attract UV rays from sun exposure. Avoid applying directly the skin that will exposed to intense UV rays within 24 hours.
There are lots of studies being done with essential oils so search lemon oil and d-limonene to discover more wonderful benefits of using this amazing oil!